To provide you with a safer learning environment in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, changes to your Fall 2020 class schedule are likely. You are still enrolled in the courses you signed up for but the way many courses are delivered has been modified (e.g., a traditional face-to-face course may change to a blended course where part is held in person and part online).
Changes allow us to adhere to public health guidelines, recommendations of medical professionals and our own experts. Based on current guidelines, face-to-face courses will allow six feet of distance to be maintained. Courses (or portions of courses) moved online only when these guidelines or other considerations made it infeasible to deliver the instruction in person.
The overall plan for re-opening campus in Fall 2020 is available on the the Show Me Renewal site.
Check your Schedule
- Check your class schedule in myZou or Schedule Planner.
- Talk to your academic advisor with questions about updates or to address conflicting class times.
- Read emails from your instructors. Requirements for each of your classes – especially web facilitated, online, blended or eLearning – may vary. Your instructors will provide details about attendance, required class times, instructions for logging on, etc.
- Traditional (TR): No online technology used — content is delivered in writing or orally. May have a video of the class that is used during the initial delivery and viewed later. A physical location will be listed.
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed.
- Many courses will be moved to larger rooms to accommodate social distancing within the classroom.
- Web Facilitated (WF): Includes face-to-face instruction includes those courses in which 1 to 29 percent of the content is delivered online. May have a video of the class that is used during the initial delivery and viewed later. A physical location will be listed.
- Blended class (BL): Defined as having between 30 percent and 80 percent of the course content delivered online. It is sometimes called hybrid. Portions of the class taught in-person will have a physical location listed. Online portions will list Internet as the location. Two examples of blended options are:
- Class splits: Part of the class attends in person on one day, while the rest take that day online. Then they rotate.
- Lecture/discussion group: Lectures for the whole class are online. Smaller discussion sections are in person.
- On-Line (OL): A course where most or all (80% or greater) of the content is delivered online. Typically these sections have no face-to-face meetings, but there may be some or face-to-face exams, etc. The location will be Internet.
- Synchronous learning: attend virtually at the time the class is taught.
- Asynchronous learning: complete the online materials on your schedule. Also known as a self-paced course.
- E-Learning (EL): 100% on line (may have proctored exams). The location will be Internet.
Days & Times
- Arranged: When “Arranged is listed as “Days” (in Schedule Planner) and for “Days & Times” (in myZou), it means students are not expected to login or Zoom at a designated time. Students will complete the online materials on their own schedule as outlined in the class syllabus. (This is known as asynchronous learning.)
- Day(s) of week & specific time: Whether these classes are offered face-to-face or online (“Location” or “Room” is listed as INTERNET), students are expected to participate at that time. They will appear in person, login to a designated site or Zoom at the given time. (This is known as synchronous learning.)
Schedule Planner (Example is for Blended class instruction mode)
myZou (Example is for E-Learning instruction mode)
Other Helpful Information
Use the Enrollment Checklist to ensure you’re ready for Fall 2020 classes.
Check with Residential Life for information about moving into the residence halls.