The Cooperative Cross-Enrollment Agreement between the University of Missouri (MU) and Columbia College was formed in 1998 to encourage the sharing of experiences and resources between the University of Missouri and Columbia College. The intent of the cross registration is to support students’ educational needs when a desired course or its equivalent is not offered during the semester for which the student is enrolling in at their home institution.
Undergraduate students may take courses for credit on the MU or Columbia College campus on a space-available basis with the permission of the home institution.
- Cross enrollment is permitted during the regular, day fall and spring academic semesters only and only on the Columbia, Missouri, campuses of the respective institutions.
- Students are not allowed to cross register until the Monday prior to the first day of class, whichever corresponds with regular registration. See the academic calendar.
- University of Missouri (MU) students will not be allowed to enroll in evening, online or English as a Second Language courses at Columbia College.
- Columbia College students will not be allowed to enroll in courses through Missouri Online or Intensive English Program.
- Each institution reserves the right to close courses in designated programs to cross enrollment and to prohibit its students from enrolling in courses in designated programs at the other institution.
- To enroll, students must be in good academic standing, with their enrollment at both the home institution and host institution qualifying them as full-time students.
- MU defines full time as 12 or more credits during the fall and spring semesters, which includes credit taken at the cooperating institution.
- All course work must be for academic credit.
- Students are not allowed to enroll in courses for which the hosting institution decides that they do not have the necessary prerequisites.
- The tuition for these classes will be paid by the student to the student’s home institution at the home institution’s rate.
- Each institution agrees to waive the student application fee.
- At the end of each semester, each institution will provide the other institution with transcripts of the students cross-enrolling.
- For MU students, credit hours earned will be recorded at MU.
- Grades earned at Columbia College will not be included in the official cumulative or term grade point average of MU students.
Any international student who enrolls at the University of Missouri must show proof of insurance coverage at the time of registration.
All newly enrolled or readmitted MU students born after December 31, 1956, must have proper immunization records.
Columbia College students may not enroll in a study-abroad course under the cooperative cross-enrollment agreement. Students who want to enroll in a study-abroad course at the University of Missouri should contact the Study Abroad Office.