Dropping a Course
Students can drop a class in myZou until the last day to drop a course without a grade. Check the posted deadlines for classes that meet for the full semester or term.
Before dropping or withdrawing from a class, check the Cashier’s adjustment schedule to understand how changes will impact your tuition and fee assessment. Also, please consult your financial aid advisor if you receive financial aid of any type. Students should talk with their academic advisor on the impact of dropping or withdrawing from a class on your progress toward degree.
- International students should check with the International Center if you cannot drop a class.
- Athletes should check with the Athletics department if you cannot drop a class.
- Dropping or withdrawing from a class in myZou must occur prior to the drop or withdraw deadlines listed on the Academic Calendar.
- Dropping or withdrawing from a self-paced course must occur prior to the drop or withdraw deadlines for the self-paced course and prior to the completion of the final lesson and/or exam in the self-paced course.
- Dropping a current term self-paced course, students can drop them through myZou prior to the deadline.
- Dropping a past term self-paced course, students must fill out the Assistance Changing Class Schedule form in Cherwell.
Withdrawing from Term/University (dropping all classes)
Dropping all classes, or dropping the last class in which you are enrolled, is considered a withdrawal from the university.
This process must be initiated in the academic advising units and completed:
- no later than 5 p.m. on the first day (typically a Monday) of the last week of classes
- before completion of the final in self-paced classes
Finals are not included as part of the term for this purpose.
Students may not withdraw from their last course via myZou. Withdrawal from the university must be done through the academic advising unit to which the student is assigned.
If it is more than 10 days prior to the start of the term, the student may withdraw (drop last class) him or herself through myZou. To withdraw within 10 days of the prior to the start of the term submit the Early Cancellation form.
Note: Students who are entering Mizzou for their first term and decide to cancel should use this link: cancel.missouri.edu
Effective summer 2021, faculty will assign a grade of W (withdrew) for students who withdraw from a course.
No grades will be assigned to a student who officially withdraws from a course or the university before the last day to drop a course without a grade for the fall or spring semester, or the equivalent period of time for other sessions.