Skip to navigation Skip to content

Cross Enrollment – Mizzou Student wanting to take a class at another University of Missouri Campus

Mizzou Student Cross Enrolling at UMKC, UMSL or S&T

  • What is Cross Campus Enrollment?
    Cross Campus enrollment gives currently-enrolled, undergraduate degree-seeking students at any of the University of Missouri (UM) Schools, the opportunity to take a class at another UM campus.  Graduate students, please visit the UM System Visiting Student Graduate program page for more information.
  • Who are the other UM campuses?
    The University of Missouri located in Columbia, the University of Missouri – Kansas City, University of Missouri – St. Louis, and Missouri S&T in Rolla are the institutions that make up the UM System.
  • Who is the Host institution?
    The Host institution is the campus from which you would like to take a cross enrollment class.
  • Who is the Home institution?
    The Home institution is the campus in which you are enrolled as a degree-seeking student and from which you will earn your degree.
  • Do actions I take at my Home campus carryover to my Host campus, i.e. FERPA, AAA, name change, etc.?
    No, you must adhere to all policies, procedures and deadlines and take action at each intuition in which you are enrolled.
  • Why should I cross enroll?
    Cross-campus enrollment gives student more flexibility with their course selection. e.g., if a course is full at Mizzou, you might be able to enroll in the same course at the host campus. It is easy to apply, there is no application fee, credits automatically transfer upon successful course completion, and broader course choices make it easier to graduate on time.
  • Is there an application fee?
    No, there is no application fee as long as you elect to participate by using the link in your Student Center.
  • How do I know this course will apply towards my degree?
    Please check with your Home campus advisor to ensure that the course will be degree applicable. You may also check the
  • How do I prove I have met a pre-requisite?
    Depending on the UM campus you are enrolling in a course, you will need to provide your unofficial transcript or Student Academic Advising profile for permission to enroll into the course. See below for each UM campus contact.

    • Missouri University of Science and Technology (S&T) – Contact the instructor of the course.
    • University of Missouri- St. Louis (UMSL) – Contact the department offering the course.
    • University of Missouri – Kansas City (UMKC) – Send an email to
  • What if I have already applied or am already taking classes at the Host campus and I want to participate in Cross Enrollment?
    • By submitting your request through the Cross Campus Enrollment page in myZou, your data will be automatically shared with the Host campus so they can review your eligibility to enroll.
    • Log onto myZou
    • Choose the “Manage Classes” tile
    • Choose “Enrollment”
    • Choose “Cross Campus Enrollment”
  • Can I receive Financial Aid to help me pay for a course at another institution?
    Possibly. Contact the financial aid office at your Home institution to discuss your eligibility for what is called a consortium agreement. Mizzou students should contact MU Student Financial Aid at 573-882-7506 or via email at
  • Will I get one bill or two?
    You will receive a bill from each of the campuses in which you are enrolled. The billing statement will be sent to your UM assigned email account.
    Please visit the campus Cashier’s Office website at each of the campuses you are enrolled to learn more about their tier tuition, due dates, refund schedules, and/or any additional student account questions you may have.

  • Can I use my UM Educational Assistance?
    Yes. You will need to complete the necessary UM form and indicate which campus the course is being offered. Once the form has been completed and the necessary signatures obtained, UM HR will route the form to the appropriate campus for processing.

*Use the links below to the other UM System campuses for instructions regarding add/drop process, dates and deadlines, withdraw process, tuition, payment etc.

For information about additional campus policies and resources not listed here, please refer to host main campuses website.