Skip to navigation Skip to content

Grades, Unassigned & Erroneous

To correct a grade erroneously reported, proper notification is sent from instructors and their department chairs to the Office of the University Registrar-Records on a form provided for that purpose.

Grade corrections must be processed within one year of the original reporting date. Changing from an “I” to a grade must be done within one calendar year.

In situations in which there is a failure to record a grade on the official grade sheet, the registrar will record a NR (not reported) and send a written notification of this action to the faculty member and relevant department chair. The faculty member is responsible for submitting a corrected entry. After 12 months, NR will change to an F. Instructors may submit a grade change form going from a blank grade to whatever grade is assigned. These forms should be submitted to the Office of the University Registrar-Records.

For graduate and professional students, the NR grade will remain on the transcript until a letter grade is submitted. If a letter grade is not submitted, an NR can remain on the student’s record indefinitely and will not convert to an F.

No student may be re-examined for the purpose of changing a grade after a final grade has been reported to the University Registrar. For further information see the Faculty Handbook, Academic Regulations. Questions may be directed to the Office of the University Registrar-Records, 573-882-7881.

Policy Source: Faculty Handbook