myZou for First-Time Users
myZou is the University of Missouri's online registration system. You can use it to complete tasks such as
- checking course availability
- registering for classes
- updating personal information
- Go to myzou.missouri.edu.
- Log in using your username and password.
- Click on "eConsent" in the left column. Complete the steps to grant eConsent, and select "Accept."
Recover Username or Password
Each student is assigned a username (a user name) for use in myZou and other Mizzou computer systems. If you forgot your username or password, follow the steps for recovery in myZou »
Student Information & Privacy
The first time you log onto myZou, the eConsent screen will pop up. Read about eConsent and at the bottom of the screen, click either ‘"I agree" or "I do not agree."
Accepting the terms of eConsent will enable you to use myZou to:
- register for courses
- make changes to your schedule
- view your schedule
- view your student account
- manage your financial aid
- access grades electronically
- view appointment times, holds and class schedule
- request a Student Academic Profile
- update emergency contacts
- communicate electronically with the Registrar, Cashiers, Financial Aid and other campus offices regarding your student information
Limits if you do not grant eConsent
- no online access to your Student Center in myZou
- no email communications on your student account
- communication limited to mail, phone or face-to-face
Useful myZou Features and Terms
- finances — View your current charges, financial aid and other billing information. (Student Center page below Academics)
- personal information — Update your local address and permanent address for official university communication. (Student Center below Finances)
- GPA and credit hours — View your official MU GPA and total credit hours completed. (Student Center page on Academics tab)
- transfer credit — View any transfer credit, dual credit or advanced-placement credit already earned. (Student Center page on Transfer Credit tab)
- drop a class — Remove a class from your schedule. (Student Center page)
- shopping cart — Select possible courses before you are eligible to register. Once you are eligible, you can add the courses to your official schedule. (Student Center page)
- permissions — Obtain permissions when restrictions are placed on courses:
- The class is full, and permission from the instructor is needed to override the course capacity.
- A department or instructor wishes to monitor who enrolls in a class.
Confused by our terminology? Check out Mizzou Glossary »