Enrollment Restrictions for Self-Paced Courses
Prerequisites & Permissions
- If your academic unit requires advance approval to register for a self-paced course, you must contact the department for approval. You will not be able to register in a self-paced course without their approval.
- If you do not meet prerequisite requirements for a self-paced course, you must obtain a permission number from the department offering the course.
- If you completed a prerequisite course as a transfer course and your transfer credit is not showing in myZou, request a permission number from the department offering the course.
Approval is required for enrollment in self-paced courses in the following schools and colleges:
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
The following schools and colleges do not require approval for enrollment in self-paced courses:
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- Graduate School
- College of Human Environmental Sciences/Social Work
- Sinclair School of Nursing
- College of Veterinary Medicine
Credit Hour Limits
Limits are placed on the number of self-paced-course credit hours in which a student can enroll in one term. Limits vary by school or college.
- College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources: 7
- College of Arts & Science: 7
- Trulaske College of Business: 6
- School of Health Professions: 6 (applies to campus and online students-effective Summer 2014)
- School of Journalism: 4 (Effective summer 2016)
- School of Natural Resources: 7
Before enrolling in online courses, international students must contact the International Center at 573-882-6007 or email@example.com.
Only three online credits may be counted toward a student’s full-time enrollment requirements.
(For example, if an undergraduate international student takes six credits online, he or she must also take nine credits in a classroom to meet the 12-credit minimum. The student will earn 15 credits, but only 12 will count toward immigration requirements.)