Non-Directory Information Release and Additional Authorized Access (AAA) - What is the difference?
The Non-Directory Information Release Process allows verbal access only to student’s academic information. Once we verify an inquirer’s identity, we may share information about the student. No copies of grades, transcripts or other information in a written form will be provided. Students may grant or remove access at any time. For more information on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and the Non-Directory Information Release process visit http://registrar.missouri.edu/policies-procedures/ferpa.php.
Additional Authorized Access (AAA) provides authorized users access to view the following information on a student's account within the myZou system.
- Student Account Information
- Grants access to view current and past charges
- Grants access to QuikPay
- For additional information and instructions on accessing QuikPay with your additional authorized access, please visit the Office of Cashiers website at http://cashiers.missouri.edu/payments/aaa.html.
- Academic Information
- Grants access to view Class Schedule, Grades, and Transfer Credit information within the myZou system
- Directory Information
- Grants access to view address, e-mail, and phone information
- Financial Aid
- Grants access to view financial aid information
- This includes information about awards, loans, scholarships, fellowships and work study jobs that you have received or have been offered.
- If the student has applied for financial aid, it includes information about the status of his/her application.
Only students can grant access to an authorized member. To grant access, log into myZou then navigate to either: Self-Service>Additional Authorized Access or Self-Service>Student Center>Personal Information>AAA/FERPA.
Learn how to grant an authorized member Additional Authorized access by watching the video found on the Office of the University Registrar's website at http://registrar.missouri.edu/registration/myzou-videos.php.