Grades, Unassigned or Erroneous 

To correct a grade erroneously reported, proper notification is sent from instructors and their department chairs to the Office of the University Registrar-Records on a form provided for that purpose.

In situations in which there is a failure to record a grade on the official grade sheet, the registrar will record a NR (not reported) and send a written notification of this action to the faculty member and relevant department chair. The faculty member is responsible for submitting a corrected entry. After 12 months, NR will change to an F. Instructors may submit a grade change form going from a blank grade to whatever grade is assigned. These forms should be submitted to the Office of the University Registrar-Records.

No student may be re-examined for the purpose of changing a grade after a final grade has been reported to the University Registrar. For further information see the Faculty Handbook, Academic Regulations. Questions may be directed to the Office of the University Registrar-Records, 573-882-4249.

Policy Source: Faculty Council, Article VII, 2E