Certification of Enrollment & Degree Verification
Good Student Discount & Documents
Students & Alumni
Current and former Mizzou students may obtain documents for
- good-student discounts on insurance (if eligible)
- enrollment status
- anticipated graduation date
- dates of attendance
- begin/end dates of term
- self-service certificate for loan deferments
Enrollment certificates are available 30 days prior to the start of the term.
Special Certification Letters
Most students can obtain the needed information for free via the Certification of Enrollment process described on our website. In unique situations where neither a verification nor an official transcript provides the required information a special certification letter may be requested for a fee. Examples of special information that can be provided include:
- Verification of an on-line course
- Percentage of the on-line component
- Campus location
- Special degree verification letters
- Special requests by International organizations
- special requests by professional organizations requiring the Office of the University Registrar signature and seal
To request a special certification letters, submit the following to the Office of the University Registrar, University of Missouri, 125 Jesse Hall, Columbia, MO 65203:
- Copy of the document that states what is to be provided
- Fill out the Special Certification of Enrollment request form
- Pay $15 - Cash, Check, Student Charge (current students only) or Credit Card.
For more information on special certification letters, please contact the Office of the University Registrar at 573-882-7881 or e-mail MU Univ Registrar WebReg firstname.lastname@example.org.
Insurance Companies & Lenders
- Call 703-742-4200.
- Go to studentclearinghouse.org and select "Degree & Enrollment Verifiers."
Third-Party Requests & FERPA
Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, the University of Missouri cannot release confidential information from a student's academic record to anyone without the student's written permission. (Certain exceptions apply.)