myZou for first-time users
myZou is MU's online registration system. You can use it for a variety of things, from checking course availability and registering for classes to updating your personal information online.
First time login
- Go to myzou.missouri.edu.
- Login using your PawPrint and password.
- A link called E-consent* will appear on the left column; click on E-consent*, read the terms and click on Accept. Accepting the terms of E-consent will enable you to use the online myZou system to register for courses, make changes to your schedule, as well as, view your schedule, student account and financial aid. You will also have the ability to communicate via e-mail and the Internet with the Office of the University Registrar, Cashiers, Financial Aid and other campus student services offices regarding your student information.
Additional myZou terms
- Drop a class to remove a class from your schedule. This link is an option on the student center page just below add a class.
- Permissions are necessary when restrictions are placed on courses. There are two reasons why a permission number may be needed for a course:
- When a class is full, permission is needed to override the course capacity if the instructor or department allows additional students to enroll in the class.
- If a department or instructor wishes to monitor who enrolls in a class, they may require that students contact them for consent to enroll in the class.
- Wish list allows you to select possible courses before you are eligible to register. You can create a wish list of courses you would like to take using this function. Once you are eligible to register, you can select the courses to add to your official schedule.
Other useful myZou features
- Finances — This information can be found on the student center page just below the academic section. In this section you can view your current charges, financial aid and other billing information.
- Personal Information — This information can be found on the student center page just below the finances section. In this section you can update your local address and permanent address for official university communication. It is important to verify that this information is correct and update it if necessary so you can be contacted by MU.
- GPA and credit hours — This information can be found by clicking on the academics tab at the top of the student center page. In this section, you can view your official MU GPA and total credit hours completed.
- Transfer credit — This information can be found by clicking on the transfer credit tab at the top of the student center page. Here you can view any transfer credit, dual credit or advanced placement credit you have already earned.
*eConsent gives you online flexibility to view the following:
- student account and billing information, including aid disbursements and refunds
- financial aid status, including a list of steps to be completed
- financial aid awards, including the ability to accept, decline or reduce award offers
- promissory notes and loan processing information
- register for courses
- access grades electronically
- view appointment times, holds and class schedule
- update telephone and address
- request a Student Academic Profile
- update emergency contacts
*eConsent also allows online communications such as:
- reminder notices on billing status and due date
- reminder notices of upcoming deadlines on finances
- reminder notice if financial aid file is incomplete
- notice of financial aid disbursements and refunds
- email communications to our offices regarding your account and financial aid
- reminder notices on important registration deadlines and information about your student academic record
*If you do not eConsent, you should know:
- you have no online access to your Student Center in myZou
- you will receive no email communications on your student account
- all communication is limited to mail, in person or telephone
The first time you log onto myZou the eConsent screen will pop up. Read about eConsent and at the bottom of the screen, click either ‘I agree’ or ‘I do not agree’.