How to request a transcript
All transcript requests must be made using the University Transcript Request Form or submitted through our online transcript request system and must include the student’s signature or electronic approval. At this time, if you want fax or electronic delivery, you must use the University Transcript Request Form, as online ordering is not available. All financial holds must be cleared on the student account before your request can be processed. To inquire about your account standing contact the Cashier’s Office 573-882-3097 or http://cashiers.missouri.edu/
- Ordering a transcript online please go to https://musis1.missouri.edu/transcript/select.cfm (NOTE: This is for hardcopy transcript requests only.)
- Ordering a transcript using the University Transcript Request Form (Note: Electronic delivery is not available for pre-1975 students.)
- Fax the transcript request form to 573-884-8382 or
- Mail the transcript request form to 125 Jesse Hall, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211 or
- Visit the University Registrar’s office in 125 Jesse Hall. Please bring your student ID card or other photo identification.
Your request will need to include:
- Your name while enrolled,
- Telephone number,
- Student or Social Security number,
- Birth date, and
- The approximate date you were last enrolled.
In addition for fax delivery include the full address / fax number where the transcript is to be sent.
If you are requesting electronic delivery we will need:
- Your email address
- The Recipient Name, Employer or Institution name and their Email address
To hold for final grades or degree posting, check the appropriate box and indicate the year/term. Final grades are usually posted within a week of the end of the semester; degree posting occurs approximately 6-8 weeks after the end of the semester.
The cost is $10 per transcript. There is an additional charge of $5 for faxing a transcript to a domestic address and an additional charge of $10 for faxing to an international address.
Transcript fees must be paid at the time of the request. Payment methods include:
- check (payable to the University of Missouri)
- cash (in person orders only)
- credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express); To charge the fee to a credit card, include the credit card number and expiration date with your request.
- student charge account if you are currently enrolled.
Getting your transcript
Transcript requests are generally processed within five business days, unless the student has a financial hold or has requested that they be held for term grades, degree posting, etc.
Delivery by mail
All mailed transcripts are sent via first class mail, so allow time for normal mail delivery. Special mail processing is not available unless you provide a pre-paid, self-addressed envelope with your request.
- What are electronically delivered transcripts?
- The University of Missouri in partnership with the National Student Clearinghouse now provides transcripts that can be sent to an email address. These transcripts are digital signed copies of the student’s record in a secure PDF file format.
- Are electronically delivered transcripts considered official transcripts?
- Yes, the university considers an electronic transcript an official copy. It is advisable that you check with your recipient to verify if they will accept an electronic transcript.
- Is my information secure when sent electronically?
- Electronic document security is provided by our partners at the National Student Clearinghouse. Their security statement says “The Clearinghouse employs multiple technologies and operational safeguards, including information security best practices and industry standards such as 128-bit secure communication. All data in transit is secured via SSL connections to protect the student records and documents in our care. We also take active defensive measures that limit the risk of lost or stolen data.” http://www.transcriptservices.org/faq.php
- Can my transcript be altered once it has been received?
- No, the electronic transcript cannot be modified. The PDF transcript is locked to prevent tampering. Should a copy be made and the document altered the digital signature that will be lost thus alerting the recipient that it may not be accurate.
- How do I order electronically delivered transcripts?
- How long will it take for my electronically delivered transcript to be received?
- Generally transcript requests are processed by our staff in 1-2 business days. Often we can process an order the same day if it is received before 10am. Once the transcript request is completed a notification is sent to the recipient to retrieve the transcript. This notification should happen within one business day.
- How much does the electronically delivered transcript cost?
- The transcript fee is the same for paper or electronic which is $10 per copy.
- Can I send an attached form with my electronic transcript?
- Not at this time. We are exploring the possibility of adding attachment capability but do not have an implementation date.
- How long will my electronic transcript be accessible once it has been received?
- The recipient has 30 days to retrieve and download the transcript once the recipient has received email delivery notification.
- Once downloaded to your computer the transcript does not expire and will always remain secure. Later the recipient may retrieve it, forward it, etc. just as one would do with any PDF document.
Please contact the transcript office at 573-882-8252 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.