May 2014 Honors Ceremony
Students who have been selected by their schools and colleges to participate in this event are graduating with Honors Certificates, Departmental Honors, Divisional Honors, University Honors or Latin Honors (summa cum laude, magna cum laude and cum laude). All Honors graduates will receive a bronze medallion cast for this occasion, featuring an image of the Columns.
Students who are eligible for the Honors Convocation will receive an e-mail invitation to their University e-mail account. Students should contact the commencement liaison for their school or college if they have questions regarding eligibility to participate.
The May 2014 Honors Convocation will be held Saturday, May 17 at 8:30 a.m. in Mizzou Arena. Tickets are not required to attend the honors convocation and there is no limit to the number of guests who can attend.
Students and Mentors attending the ceremony need to report to Mizzou Arena between 7:15 a.m. and 8:15 a.m. Students and Mentors should enter through the Missouri Basketball entrance on the north side of Mizzou Arena. Staff will be available to direct you to the check in tables.
All graduates and faculty mentors participating in the ceremony must wear academic regalia.
All honor graduates and mentors will need to check-in at the tables located in the practice gym in Mizzou Arena between 7:15 to 8:15 a.m. Students and their mentors will be seated prior to the beginning of the ceremony. There will be eight check-in tables (last name A-C, D-F, etc.) for students and mentors to check-in. Students will receive their honors convocation Order of Exercises and reader cards.
Students participating in the ceremony will receive an e-mail to their University e-mail account directing them to the Honors website. The honors website will have additional information about the ceremony and instructions on how to invite a mentor.
Please read the following carefully.
- Students and mentors will need to check-in at the tables located in the practice gym in Mizzou Arena between 7:15 to 8:15 a.m. (no later than 8:15 a.m.). Students should advise their mentors of the location of check-in. Students must wear their caps and gowns, and mentors should be dressed in their academic regalia.
- Students and mentors will be seated prior to the beginning of the ceremony.
- Students and mentors will need to be seated by 8:15 a.m. Those who arrive after 8:15 a.m. will be seated after the processional of the Platform Party.
- Mentors will remain seated when their students go forward to receive their medallions.
- Enter Mizzou Arena through the Missouri Basketball entrance on the north side of Mizzou Arena. Staff will be available to direct you to the check in tables.